Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Need a Vacation from Vacation?

It was a "long" weekend, relatively speaking, but it never seems like it is ever long enough. Sometimes I feel like I want to take a couple of years vacation from all the craziness in the world and just chill out to enjoy the beautiful and peaceful things around.

I went to enjoyed the pool at the rec. center yesterday and was surprised to see it open since it was a holiday and I just expected everything to be closed. It was not especially hot or cold, but the clouds were forming for a good rain. Spike was having a CSI marathon so I just vegg'ed out in front of the television, though there was a 2-hour thing on the National Geographic Channel about the science of martial arts. I must say that all the data they gathered was mind-boggling.

On a more somber note, I heard on the radio this morning that Steve Erwin, the Crocodile Hunter guy, died yesterday. I always found him to be entertaining, if not over the top and just crazy sometimes. He was definitely a pioneer in that field and had a passion for animals in their natural surroundings, a fact that always makes things much more dangerous.

I seem to be on a stream of consciousness kick this morning so I will leave things there. It was probably the long weekend that made everything feel sluggish.

No comments: