Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Long Life

In a bit of good news, Hawaii ranks #1 in life-expectancy in the nation at 80 which actually does not come as much of a surprise. Of course, I'm probably spoiled with relatives living a long time, both grandmothers passed away in their 90's and my parents are going strong... you'd never be able to tell how old they are. They're both still coaster enthusiasts and always tack on an extra day at the beginning of their trips for theme parks.

God willing they'll be around for many years to come and my kids (when I have them) will get to know them. Besides, my mother needs a shot at getting revenge on me for all those childhood years, right? Have to see if "the mother's curse" comes true in my case. "I hope when you have kids they turn out just like you" My wife is probably dreading that one, but I honestly don't know what she's concerned about. I was a great kid. *stops tooting own horn*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Now, thrashing them in a debate or eternally lampooning them in a variety of mediums is an effective way to mete out payback in a way that won't leave an opening to counter."

I'll debate you. Respond here.