Friday, April 10, 2009

Here we go again . . .

This is another attempt to start this up and keep it consistent.

Here it is, another holiday - another day at work - another quiet, relatively boring day at work where nothing noteworthy will be happening... as far as clients go anyway.  Last year was eventful, though, moving out of the apartment, flying to San Francisco for brain surgery... moving out and flying to San Francisco for a month all happened one right after each other.  I ought to relay the entire story one of these days for posterity.

2 comments:

SpacerGuy said...

Please do tell... How did the operation go? I hope it was'nt traumatic.

Pertinacious Pineapple said...

I really need to post entries way more consistently and I tell myself that every time I try to start things up again.

The surgery was probably more stressful for my friends and family than for me. I was pretty much unconscious for the whole ordeal so everything is quite the blur. Everything went very well and there are no residual effects (aside from the physical scars which you can't really see unless you look closely). Medicine has come quite a way in the past few years and it still boggles the mind what surgeons can do.

That brings up the thought about malpractice and all the "whiney" suits that are generated and how fearful doctors are about being sued. I think that's a very sad place to be since most doctors do their very best under very difficult circumstances to make our lives better. Sure if there is genuine malpractice then it should be prosecuted, but sometimes life just happens and it is beyond anyone's control, even the doctor. They shouldn't be held responsible if they do the best they can.